When Can I Cancel or Downgrade My Meal Plan?
- Students wanting to cancel or downgrade their voluntary meal plan to a lower-cost plan may do so before the first day of meal service in the Fall semester and receive a full refund with no penalty. Changes after these deadlines will not receive a refund.
- Students planning to cancel their Spring meal plan after the first day of the Fall meal service and during the approved change window will receive a 75% refund.
- Students downgrading their Spring meal plan between the first day of the Fall meal service and the first day of the Spring meal service will be charged a fee that equals 25% of the original base meal plan cost (the cost of the meal plan swipes).
- Key dates for meal plans can be found here: https://dining.gatech.edu/keydates
How to Cancel or Switch My Meal Plan?
- Meal plan switches and cancellations are completed upon request. To submit a support request please select the appropriate link below to submit a request:
Meal Plan Hardship Requests
- In certain exceptional cases, Meal Plans may be exchanged due to demonstrated need for exchange by submitting a Hardship Request to Tech Dining. Note that upon exchange (or return), former meal plan charges will be pro-rated for the period of time in which the former meal plan was active.
Canceling a Greek Meal Plan
- If a student cancels his or her Greek membership, the student will be reassigned the original meal plan (see “Meal Plan Exchanges” for additional terms and conditions). A prorated cost will be charged to the student’s Bursar account.
Meal Plan Cancellation Charges
- Exchanges (and returns) result in an additional $30 change fee to the student’s account. Meal plan charges are posted to student (Bursar) accounts and are payable according to standard semester due dates for tuition and fees, as posted on bursar.gatech.edu
- Any meal plan charges generated after the due date for tuition and fees are due and payable immediately. Unpaid charges will result in registration and transcript holds.