Admitted first-year students apply via their Admission Portal for iGniTe, First-Year Semester Abroad, Explore, Global Leadership, Grand Challenges, and Honors Program.
STEPS TO APPLYING FOR A LIVING LEARNING COMMUNITY AND ACCEPTING YOUR INVITATION:
You should carefully read each community’s website to determine your level of interest and to understand the commitment required by each Learning Community.
- Apply for a Living Learning Community via your Admission Portal.
*The Living Learning Community Application is a single application where you can select all communities that interest you. First-Year Semester Abroad is a separate application. If you are interested in applying for the Honors Program, please be sure to apply during your initial living learning community application submission. Adding the Honors Program later, after submitting your living learning community application, requires your application to be voided and re-submitted.
- You do not need to pay your acceptance deposit or apply for on-campus housing to apply to an LLC.
- You do need to pay your acceptance deposit and apply for on-campus housing to accept an invitation to join an LLC.
Please remember that Science and Math (College of Sciences) majors are given priority for the Explore LLC.
- Accept GT Admission by paying the Acceptance Deposit.
- Apply for On-Campus Housing via My Housing.
* Applying for a Living Learning Community is a completely separate process from the Housing Application process. All students will need to follow the procedures and meet the deadlines for Georgia Tech Housing found on the Housing and Residence Life website.
* Please Note: Students must complete a Housing Application to accept an invitation (excluding iGniTe and FYSA).
* Please be advised that it may take up to 24 hours for your deposit to show up in our system.
- Accept one Living Learning Invitation via your Admission Portal.
* If your first choice Living Learning Community if full when you attempt to accept it, you will have the choice to select the waitlist for that community or accept a different LLC invitation (if you have others).
* Living Learning Communities are first come, first serve and extremely competitive.
* We will allow students to accept their Living Learning Community invitations until all spots are filled.
* Students can participate in both iGniTe and a full academic year living learning community (Explore, Global Leadership, Grand Challenges, or the Honors Program).