- Bag all trash and take to dumpsters outside of your buildings.
- Vacuum all carpeted areas, for heavily soiled carpets use a commercial service to clean.
- Remove all items from cabinets, refrigerator and freezer.
- Clean all cabinets (interior and exterior) with an all-purpose cleaner.
- Clean the microwave, refrigerator, freezer and dishwasher (interiors and exteriors) with an all-purpose cleaner.
- Thoroughly clean oven/stove:
- Clean the inside of the oven using an appropriate oven cleaner.
- Clean both sides of the oven door glass.
- Lift the stove top and clean underneath with an all-purpose cleaner.
- Wipe down the stove surface and oven exterior with an all-purpose cleaner.
- If you have any stove top cleaner provided by Housing, have the last person to vacate the apartment leave it on the stove top.
- Mop the tile floor with a floor cleaner.
- Wipe down walls, use all-purpose cleaner if needed.
BEDROOMS AND LIVING ROOMS
- Remove all personal belongings from furniture.
- Wipe down table tops, desk tops, desk/dresser drawers with all-purpose cleaner.
- Wipe down exterior of wood furniture.
- Clean windows & mirrors with a glass cleaner.
- Wipe down walls to remove any smudges, marks, etc.
- Wipe dust from mini blinds and be sure mini blinds are hung properly.
- Make sure all furniture is present, assembled and properly arranged.
- Make sure all of your belongings are out of the closets including your hangers.
- Remove any debris from areas between/under cushions. If the upholstery is heavily soiled or stained, use a commercial furniture cleaning service.
- Wipe down window ledges with all-purpose cleaner.
BATHROOM AND VANITY AREAS
- Remove all personal belongings from cabinets, drawers, etc.
- Wipe down counters, cabinets and drawers with an all-purpose cleaner.
- Clean mirrors with a glass cleaner.
- Clean sink & faucets with an all-purpose cleaner.
- Clean the interior of the toilet with a toilet cleaner.
- Wipe down the toilet seat, lid and bowl exterior with an all-purpose cleaner.
- Scrub the entire tub/shower area (including walls) until all soap scum, grime, mildew is removed -use a tub/tile cleaner.
- Sweep the floor and clean it with a tub/tile cleaner or all-purpose cleaner.
At the time of your scheduled inspection all of your personal belongings must be removed from your room, all trash removed, everything off the walls, etc. Charges will be assessed based on the condition of the room at the time of the inspection. Residents are responsible for the condition of their room/shared spaces and items. Residents are culpable for the associated costs to repair or replace them.