- Clean windows and mirrors using a glass cleaner.
- Wipe down all surfaces - all-purpose cleaners like Fantastik or 409 are recommended for window ledges, laminated furniture and desktops, cabinets, etc. For wood furniture Pledge or Endust are recommended.
- Vacuum/sweep or clean floors with a damp mop depending on floor type - all-purpose cleaners may be helpful for spills, food stains, adhesives, etc.
- A vacuum can be checked out through your student staff member.
- Be sure drawers and closets are empty and all contact paper and shelf liners are removed - wipe down the interior of drawers and closets.
- Clean walls (especially tape marks and areas by light switches and doorknobs).
- Wipe dust from mini blinds and be sure that mini blinds are hung properly.
- Wipe down the surface of the air conditioning unit.
- Check to see that screens are securely in place.
- Be sure all furniture is assembled and properly arranged in the room.
- All furniture must be returned to the same configuration it was in when you initially moved into your room.
- Remove all personal items, personal furniture, rugs, hangers, etc.
- Bag all trash and take it to the nearest dumpster outside the building.
- Close and lock windows and all doors.
- Do not leave trash in the hallways, stairwells, or in the building. Take your trash to the dumpsters.
- Watch out for “common area” theft and report it to your community advisors.
- Remove all personal belongings from cabinets, drawers, etc.
- Wipe down counters, cabinets and drawers with an all-purpose cleaner.
- Clean mirrors with a glass cleaner.
- Clean sink & faucets with an all-purpose cleaner.
- Clean the interior of the toilet with a toilet cleaner.
- Wipe down the toilet seat, lid and bowl exterior with an all-purpose cleaner.
- Sweep the floor and clean it with an all-purpose cleaner.
At the time of your scheduled inspection all of your personal belongings must be removed from your room, all trash removed, everything off the walls, etc. Charges will be assessed based on the condition of the room at the time of the inspection. Residents are responsible for the condition of their room/shared spaces and items. Residents are culpable for the associated costs to repair or replace them.