Roommate Search: Rising Second Years
Roommate search opens on February 7 at noon. If you are a rising second year participant in the Rising Second Year Experience, WST, I-House, or an upper-class Living Learning Community block, we encourage you to select your roommates by February 12 at noon. You will only be able to form roommate groups with other rising second year members of your community. After February 12 at noon, community residents will be committed to the program for the academic year.
If you do not see the roommate you would like to live with, make sure they have already applied for housing. They will not appear as an option until they have completed their application.
The roommate search process will be temporarily paused from February 12 at noon until February 16. If you are planning to live with a third-year resident or beyond, you must wait for them to apply for housing prior to creating a roommate group.
Roommate Search: Upper-level Undergraduates
In February, students with a completed application (not on the waitlist) will be able to search and form roommate groups to prepare for self-assign. This does not require a time ticket, but we do highly encourage students hit "accept" on their roommates prior to self-assign beginning.
- If you are in a living learning community (LLC), you will only be able to see other students in that LLC as roommate options.
- If your desired roommate is on the waitlist, they will not be an option during this process.
In March, students will be able to select to "stay same" OR go through the self-assign process.
- Please note, not all rooms are eligible to "stay same".
- Current first-year students will not be able to stay-same (except for some Honors Program residents).
- "Stay Same" is an individual process, so if you would like to stay in your room with your current roommates, all room residents must participate in the "stay same" process. Any roommate who misses that window will participate in self-assign and may not be able to select that room.
- Students with only an academic year contract are required move out at the end of their contract and move back into the same room at the start of the next academic year contract. Only students who happen to live in a Summer building and live on-campus for the Summer term are eligible to stay in their room through summer and into the following academic year.
- Upper-class LLC and Graduate students will self-assign on specific dates.
- All others will self-assign after.
- More Georgia Tech credit hours earned earned at Georgia Tech's main campus or satellite campuses) = earlier time-ticket
- Dual enrollment (including GT dual enrollment) and AP/IB credit hours do not factor into the room selection process.
- The roommate with the earliest time ticket can pull others in