New First-Year, Graduate, Transfer Students:
Incoming first-year students are provided their room selection number based on when they sign their housing contract.
Incoming Student Classifications for Housing Applications:
First-Year = First time college student enrolling at GT in the summer or fall of 2024.
New Transfer = Student transferring from another college to GT in the summer or fall of 2024.
New Graduate = Student admitted to a GT Graduate program for fall 2024.
Current Undergraduate/Graduate Students/Residents:
Current undergraduate students/residents receive their room selection number based on the number of credit hours they have earned at Georgia Tech (main or satellite Georgia Tech campuses). This does not include any AP/IB credit hours or dual enrollment credit hours (even if dual enrollment was completed at Georgia Tech).
1. Login to My Housing and select the Self-Assign tab on the gold navigation bar, then choose the correct Application term.
2. View the Room List: You can narrow your room search on the Room List step by Room Type, Area, Building, and Rooms. You will only be able to see buildings/rooms in which you are eligible to live for that application term.
- If you have an "accepted" roommate(s), the student with the earliest room selection time slot should use their time slot to self-assign and place any accepted roommates in the room also. Only roommates who accepted their group invitation will be pulled into that room.
- If you do not have a confirmed roommate, please search for an open room in an apartment where other students have been assigned. Please do not select a room in an empty apartment unless there are no other options.
3. ADD TO CART the room you want for yourself.
4. Select a bed for yourself.
5. Click ASSIGN BEDS.